There is a Star Wars theme going on within our play group so I had to figure out what the Clark Family was going to be…Ewoks!!! Yes, I am making adult ewok costumes (coming soon). For my daughter I found an 18mo monkey costume at Goodwill for $5. I saw new ones at Old Navy this year, so you could do the same thing 🙂
Here is what I did:
1. Purchase/gather fabric, yarn, feathers, model magic. I used a sewing machine for the pouch but you could hand sew that.
2. drape the fabric over at the desired angle and cut holes for the ears. Pull through and then cut out the face bit by bit so it lays right. Sew in place.
3. I made a quickie pouch on the sewing machine and attached in to an already existing pocket (there was a banana in it – for the monkey)
4. Embellish with yarn and feathers. I made little bone/tooth beads with model magic.
5. Paint on ewok finger nails.
Total time: about 3 hours
Total cost: about $15
* I removed the tail (shown in pic) with a seam ripper. I also bought brown fleece pants to complete the outfit.